Have you ever wondered why SEO is so important for your ecommerce business? The fact is that nine out of ten online business transactions begin with a search engine search. This means that you need to be present for the search engine terms that are relevant to your business.
You can use online advertising to help position you on the SERPs for the keyword terms that you identify as being important and relevant to your business, but this is an expensive way of bringing traffic to your site.
Most ecommerce businesses will begin with online PPC advertising and then build up a more long-term, organic approach to SEO. PPC advertising is great for campaigns, but search engine optimisation is your long-term investment.
The benefits of SEO
SEO delivers two key benefits. First, it ensures that quality traffic is being driven to your website, as these visitors will be prequalified by having seen your results against the relevant keywords that they are looking for. The chances of them wanting your product or service are already high.
Second, the fact that your site is SEO-friendly will mean that it offers a great user experience. Together, these two attributes will boost your conversions.
Moving forward with effective SEO
How can you go about investing in SEO? There are plenty of London professional SEO services on offer with expertise in various industries and business sizes. As a good starting point, if you are looking for a professional SEO service in London contact Elevate UK, who can give you a no-obligation quote and guidance for the work you are looking for.
Some of the steps that an SEO agency will take include:
– Optimising your keywords after identifying those niche words and terms that your customers are looking for – and for which you can rank highly against competitors
– Ensuring that you rank highly for local search by placing you in local search results
– Creating content that is rich in keywords and value and that search engines will prioritise
– Carrying out edits on your website to make it as search-friendly as possible.
– Crafting a long-term SEO strategy that sets goals and objectives for all search work
With commitment, investment and refinement, the right SEO campaign will see your online presence cemented and your conversions growing.