Different resources on the Internet can be used to download private videos from Facebook. With them, you will usually have to obtain the video link and insert it in the tool to download it. A step-by-step guide on how to do this with one of the most used web pages is shown in this post. Additionally, you will see a list of the best alternatives with a similar operation, along with new tricks to save videos uploaded to this platform.
On Facebook, various interesting, funny, curious, educational and thought-provoking photos and videos are posted daily. Many users want to save them, either to consult them later or share them with friends and family from any other social network. With these tricks, you will be able to download private videos from Facebook easily. Although some of the programs may have flaws, several alternatives will surely be efficient to carry out this task.
Guide to download private videos from Facebook
Several web pages are used to download videos uploaded to Facebook. However, some are better due to video quality, fast performance, etc. This is the case of FBDOWN, which stands out as one of the most recommended options by users. Here is a short guide on how to use this tool:
- Click on the three dots that indicate a menu of options and select “Copy Link “.
- Go to the FBDOWN website by following this link: (https://www.fbdown.net/).
- Paste the Facebook video link into the search bar and hit “Download .” You may need to wait a few seconds while the page loads.
- You will be able to see a preview of the video and download options. Choose the one you want by pressing the phrase that indicates quality instead of the buttons are shown below since these are not functional.
- The video will open in a new window. Locate the three dots to open the options menu.
To finish, press “Download”.
- Once the steps are completed, the multimedia file download will begin, so we will only have to wait. In this way, you can save a private video from Facebook without any inconvenience. It is worth mentioning that this tool provides additional options such as audio repair, in the section where you must choose the quality; You can find them by clicking on “More options “.
Continue reading: how to make a facebook post shareable
5 Alternatives to Download Private Facebook Videos
There are several websites with a similar operation to FBDOWN to download videos that you should know. These have different characteristics, such as downloading audio-only, so it is important to know them and choose what best suits your requirements.
FBDOWN (Facebook Private Video Downloader)
Although it comes from the same FBDOWN, it differs because when placing the video link, it looks for the source code of the page and it is through this that it obtains the video. Due to its operation, many users consider it an excellent alternative if the others were to fail. To access, use the following address: ( https://www.fbdown.net/private-downloader.php ).
It is an easy-to-use page with which you can download Facebook videos in different resolutions using the video link. Likewise, it offers you the possibility of downloading only the audio. It has a Chrome extension to make downloads easier and you can get it on its official website: ( https://www.getfvid.com/ ).
Getfvid (Facebook Private Video Downloader)
The previous alternative proposes this tool for the download through the code of the page. However, it has the disadvantage that it does not automate the process with which the source code is obtained, as FBDOWN does for private videos, so it has a high margin of error. If you want to test its operation, use this URL: ( https://www.getfvid.com/private-downloader ).
This website’s main advantage is its versatility since it is used to download videos from different platforms. Also, it is very simple and works in the same way as the previous tools; pasting the video link in the search engine. However, it differs by not offering different resolutions for the download. The following link will direct you to the official site: ( https://en.savefrom.net/ ).
This alternative is different from the others, as it allows you to request the video’s quality to download when copying and pasting the link in the search bar. However, otherwise, it maintains the same basic operation. If you want to know more about this program, you can try it using the following link ( https://www.downvids.net/ ).
A little known method of downloading Facebook videos is to use the basic version. The advantage is that you do not need to use an additional program or website. On the other hand, the disadvantage is that it can be difficult to navigate through the platform in this mode, so you must have the video you want to download located. Here’s a simple step guide:
- From the browser, enter the page where the publication you want to download is located.
- So, you will have to change the URL. Instead ofhttps://www.facebook.com/ you must start with https://mbasic.facebook.com/.
- Click on the video as if you wanted to play it and a new tab will open.
- Right-click and select “Save video as …” (There is also an option that says “Download” if you open the video drop-down menu). Once this is done, the download will start and you just have to wait.
Although it does not work on all mobile devices, it is possible to download videos easily without using pages, applications or tricks. For this, you will simply have to enter your Facebook from the browser on your smartphone. When playing any video on the social network, you will see a download arrow and when you press it, save the file on your cell phone.