If you have lost your mobile phone and, to top it all, it was turned off, you may be in serious trouble. Whether due to theft or loss, finding a phone turned off is not easy, but with the development of technology, what previously seemed an impossible mission is now available to anyone.
In this article, we explain how to track a switched off cell phone so that you can locate your mobile phone even when you have already given it up for lost. Pay attention to these simple methods that we show you and choose the one that is most comfortable for you … let’s go there!
How to locate a lost iphone that is turned off?
Many Android mobiles work associated with a Google account. In this way, the applications installed on the phone are synchronized to share and save data. If you wonder how to find a lost Android, Google can be your salvation, so we explain how to use your account to track a turned off cell phone:
- To use this method, you will need to have the “Location” option activated on your mobile.
- To activate it, and if you still have time, pull down the options menu in the upper right corner of the screen. Select the “Location” icon to activate it and click OK to grant the corresponding permissions.
- If you can’t find your cell phone and it is turned off or in airplane mode, go to your computer, open Google Chrome and visit the page android.com/find.
- Sign in with your Gmail email and password.
- Select your device and search the history of registered locations to see where the last time your phone was turned on, with an Internet connection or mobile data.
- Then, you can choose between three options: lock your mobile so that whoever finds it must enter a PIN code of your choice; set an alarm to sound on your mobile for 5 minutes (in case the last location record corresponds to a nearby place) and, finally, erase all the existing data on your mobile. Select this option only if you are sure that your mobile was stolen, as this will protect your files and other confidential information.
How to track a switched off cell phone with iCloud?
If you have an iPhone, Apple also has its tricks, as it has a specialized service for tracking cell phones. By registering your mobile in iCloud, the GPS detector installed in the device allows iCloud to track the location of the phone whenever it is connected to the internet. However, if your iPhone goes missing, you can still track it while it’s turned off. Following these easy steps:
- You will need to have at least the iOS13 version of the Apple mobile operating system.
- Download and install the Find My iPhone app on your tablet, mobile or Mac and synchronize your iCloud account data.
- Go to phone settings and click on “Privacy”. There, activate the “Location” option so that Apple can locate the cell phone at any time.
- When you can’t locate your phone, open Find My iPhone on your tablet or Mac. Click on the “Devices” option and select your iPhone paired with the app.
- Activate the options “Activate offline search” and “Send the last location” to track your mobile off.
- Then, click on the “How to get there” option so that the program shows you the route of the place where the mobile was last turned on.
- As soon as your mobile device is switched on or is close to another iPhone, the program will be able to locate it using an encrypted alert code sent through the “Apple private key” assigned to the phone. For this, this encrypted system relies not on the mobile data signal, but on the Bluetooth signal of the cell phone.
How to track a turned off cell phone with Samsung?
Samsung has also developed an application to find your cell phone. This is “Find my mobile”, an app designed to track lost Samsung mobiles, as well as to report their theft. To use it you must have it installed on your mobile before you lose it and synchronize your Google account with your Samsung user. Here we explain, step by step, how to track an unpowered mobile with Samsung:
- Check if the Find my mobile app is installed on your phone. If you don’t see it on the main menu, download it from the Google Play Store.
- Go to Settings on your mobile and enable the “Location” function. Similarly, enable the “Device Management” option. In this way, your Google account and your Samsung user will be able to access the location of the cell phone at any time.
- Open the Find my mobile website on your computer and log in with the credentials of your Samsung user (email and Google password).
- From the main menu, select “Start Trace”. There you will see all the places where your phone has been in the last 12 hours.
- If you assume that your phone was stolen, select the option “Lock my mobile”. Thus you will disable all the functions of the cell phone and, in addition, you can configure a message with your personal data so that whoever finds your phone can communicate with you and deliver it to you.
- You will also be able to erase all the data and files saved in the cell phone with the option “Delete my mobile”.
How to track a turned off cell phone with Lookout?
If you are looking for a cell phone tracking application, Lookout is one of the most effective. With this app, you can not only track your lost mobile but also identify the alleged thief on the phone. Follow these easy steps:
- Download and install the Lookout app on your phone.
- Set up your account with your username, password and device name.
Then, from your personal computer, access your account credentials and check the options of the main Lookout menu.
- With the free version, if you lose your phone, you can make a backup of all the information stored on your mobile (contacts, notes, multimedia files). To do this, go to the Backup menu and activate the information backup.
- If you lose your cell phone, go to the menu, “Lost device” and select the “Signal Flare” function. There you can know the location of your mobile and see a route of all the sites through which it passed.
- If the registered location is close, you can activate a strong alarm that will help you locate the mobile.
- With the paid version, Lookout Premium, you can select the “Theft alerts” option. If someone steals your cell phone, the app will take a picture of the thief before he turns off the cell phone and send it to the email with which you have registered your Lookout account.
How to track a turned off cell phone with Where is My Droid?
Where is My Droid is an app designed to track stolen phones. It has a free version and additional paid services, but with the free version, it will be enough to learn how to find a lost Android. This is how you should use this app to locate your lost phone:
- You must install Where is My Droid on your phone beforehand. Set your personal username and password and assign a name to your device.
- On the main screen, select the “Passive location” menu. Activate this function so that the app registers all the locations where you use your cell phone while it is on.
- If you lose your cell phone, log in to Where is My Droid from your personal computer.
- Go to the main menu and select “Locate”. There you can see the last location of your cell phone while it was on.
- By activating a payment plan you can use additional functions such as blocking functions, so you do not allow the person who has your mobile to find sensitive information or files.
You may like also to read http://3diesel.com/