Google chrome has a default cleanup tool that scans while we search anything. The tool prevents displaying search results of harmful software to protect our data from hackers. Because, harmful software contains viruses, malware and so on. So, we face a search failed an error occurred while chrome was searching for harmful software. Let’s see how to fix the problem.
Fix search failed an error occurred while chrome was searching for harmful software
Sometimes google detects essential software as harmful software. In that time, we have to fix the search failed an error occurred while chrome was searching for harmful software problem.
Adjust the setting
On the chrome browser setting, go to the Advanced option. Now, enter into the Reset and clean up to clean up the computer. Click on the find button from here. The scanning will start and it will take 5-6 minutes. Remove those harmful elements that the tool prompt.
Delete Cookies from Chrome
Open Chrome and type the following and then press the “Enter” button to open the correct window within your Settings: Chrome: //settings/content/cookies
The first option is “Allow sites to save and read cookie data.” You can turn it off. However, many will not display correctly. I recommend leaving it activated.
The next option is the one that interests us. Next to “Clear cookies and site data when Chrome closes, move the switch to the right to activate it.
Activating this option ensures that all cookies collected while browsing in Chrome will be removed once the browser is completely closed. Remember, you will need to log into all the websites you regularly visit every time you start Chrome in the future with this setting turned on.
One of the first things to do to fix Chrome problems is definitely to reset Chrome.
By resetting Chrome, you can quickly and easily undo the changes made over time by you or by various programs and restore Chrome settings to their state when Chrome was installed.
All without losing your personal data, such as passwords and favorites: these are not deleted or modified.
When you reset Google Chrome, these are the main changes that happen to your browser:
- The default search engine is reset to default values
- The home page (home page) goes back to being the default one (google.com)
- All extensions and themes are disabled (but not deleted. After the reset, I recommend that you remove unnecessary extensions)
- The default tabs opened at startup are cleared
- When you open a new tab, it will be empty
- The content settings are cleared
- Temporary files such as cookies and caches of visited sites are deleted
- Locked cards are unlocked
I repeat: passwords and favorites stored over time are not affected by the reset, so they are safe.
To reset Chrome, follow the instructions below:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the button Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, top right
- Select Settings
- Click on Show advanced settings
- Look for the “Reset browser settings” section (usually last in the list)
- Click on Reset browser settings:
- Reset Chrome to default settings
- Chrome displays a dialog box explaining what resetting Chrome settings does. Click on Restore. You can select or deselect at your discretion the checkbox “Help improve Google Chrome by indicating the current settings”:
Done! You have reset Chrome.
Scan Chrome and remove items that could negatively affect your browsing experience. With that in mind, consider using it if you’re dealing with other issues besides slow speed, like ads that don’t go away or tabs that are often frozen.
If Google Chrome takes too long, while fixing the problem “search failed an error occurred while chrome was searching for harmful software” is not as difficult as you might think. The tips above can help you solve the error.