The Google Docs online word processor is easy to use. Very easy to understand with its icons reminiscent of Word, OpenOffice or LibreOffice. The Google Drive web software is more than enough to write a CV, a letter, an internship report, a book. If everything is easy to guess by the rows of icons that appear on the screen, other functions are accessible through the menus displayed: insertion, format, editing. Today we share how to change margins in google docs.
For somewhat more advanced work in which more is needed than what the Notepad that integrates with Windows can offer, most use proposals such as Microsoft Word, Notepad ++ or Google Docs, which is precisely the latter of which we are going to Talk in these lines. Well, one of the elements that are most taken into account in this type of application, is the customization capabilities offered to its users.
This tutorial explains how to change the margins of a Google Doc document. That is, change the layout to reduce or enlarge the top, bottom, left and right margins of the text document. This is also where you can configure the page orientation, the paper size, and the page color.
How to change margins in google docs
- Open a Google Docs document or create a new one from Google Drive.
- Go to the File and Configuration menu of the page.
- The “Page configuration” opens in the middle of the screen.
- The default margins are indicated in centimeters: 2.54 for the Top, Bottom, Left and Right. Modify the values of the margins, in centimeters, knowing that the decimal point is done with a point “. “:
- Confirm with the blue ” OK ” button to take the changes into account.
This is how to change margins in google docs.
Note: it is important to put the decimals after a point. The decimal point will not be taken into account and will erase the decimal after validation. The modification will therefore not be taken into account.