Although the most common thing nowadays is that computers have a login password, there are particular cases in which this initial password is not enough to protect the files that are inside a computer. It is necessary to have new passwords that are executed only in case you try to access a specific type of data. Now, put a password on a folder in windows 10. In this article, we will show the manual and software process.
When you use a Microsoft PC with Windows 10, this can be done in different ways. However, the most common is to do it from an additional program. Once it downloaded, runs to protect the files that you want to encrypt. You can also fix windows 10 black screen error.
How to put a password on a folder in windows 10?
One of the best options to put a password to a Windows 10 folder is to do it with a program called Secret Folder. If you want to discover how it is done, follow these steps:
- Download and install the program on your computer. The installation is carried out in a similar way to most programs. So, it will not present any strange problems during the process.
- Once the program is installed, a pop-up window will open in which you will have to enter a password twice to make sure it is the correct one in both writing bars.
- Next, you should go to the desktop window of the program, from where you can put the password to any file or folder on your computer.
- To do so with a folder, select the folder icon in the upper left where it says “Add” and wait for a drop-down to open.
- Finally, select the folder on your computer that you want to protect with a password and press “OK.”
- To modify the options of the folder, and put a password, you have to go to the tabs on the right of the “Add” folder. Where it says “Lock” and “Unlock,” you can access each of the files or folders that you have added to the program. Then modify its status with a password or remove the protection of these.
How to put a password to a folder with Easy File Locker?
Another option to protect Windows 10 folders is to do it through the Easy File Locker program. Download it from their official website. As in the previous case, the first thing you will have to do is download the application and install it on the computer to put passwords to the folders or files you want.
Once you have the program installed, you must run it and wait for a window to appear to access the different options.
Several folder-shaped icons with a round and green symbol appear in the lower right on the toolbar. One of them allows adding files and other folders. If you want to protect a folder, you will have to press the latter.
Again, you will have to select the folder of the computer you want to protect in the drop-down that will open and, by clicking “OK,” it will be incorporated into the Easy File Locker program so you can work with it.
This program offers different options when configuring folders. Basically, the options are “accessible”, “modifiable”, “erasable” or “visible”. Depending on the tabs you select in each folder or file added to Easy File Locker, the folder will be configured in one way or another.
Why put the password in a folder?
Most times, it is not necessary. Having an encrypted folder or password has many advantages. Especially if you are on a computer or server to which several people have access and we want to make sure they do not see the files we create and save.
In addition, putting a password to a folder can also be used to protect against possible viruses, segment data by user, make the folder invisible or even eliminate the possibility of someone finding the password through the use of an encryption system. All this makes it a beneficial option, whether it is a personal computer or one that is used to work.