One of the most important keys, but at the same time, most forgotten by all is the router key. Of course, there are cases where you usually use that password a lot or you set one that you remember easily. In most cases, you use keys that are complex so that they are not discovered.
Well, you may have connected your mobile, computer and laptop, but what if you want to add a new device to the wireless network? We explain in detail how to find network security key on my android phone that connected.
How to find network security key on my android phone?
The first thing we have to do is download and install the ” WiFi Password ” application on your mobile This application is available for Android devices, free of charge in the Google Play Store.
Once installed, you will get a warning which indicates that the application is only limited to showing the WiFi passwords stored in your cell phone to be able to check them at any time.
Once this message is accepted, it will load the main window of the application where all the WiFi networks that you have stored on your Smartphone and to which you have previously connected will be listed. To save these passwords, you must take a screenshot.
Why do you need to recover the network security key or?
Before you start reading, it is important that you consider some important points for what these methods are for. Some of the uses are:
- If you have connected to a third party network and do not own or remember the password
- Recover the Wi-Fi password that you have been connecting for a while or are currently connected
- If you forgot your Wi-Fi password and you have no devices connected
The methods below DO NOT serve to:
- Violate your or third-party networks
- Decipher third-party passwords by unethical means
- Techniques for unlocking a cell phone with a security pattern that is not your property
After explaining all this, read on to see the methods to get the Wi-Fi key on your phone:
Check the router or manuals
The easiest way to get your Wi-Fi password is to check the router or the instruction manual that came with the purchase.
The default password and network name should be the one you have unless you have made a change before. If so, don’t lose your mind, the other methods will help you find your password.
Access the router administration panel
If you have the router at hand and you are connected to the router network, another simple technique is to change the password or check it from the administration panel.
To do this, Type in the browser 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 enter the user (by default it is admin ) and password and you will access the configuration of your router. From inside you can now access the password area.
See the computer’s Wi-Fi key [You are connected]
This is a simple method but little known. If you use Windows or Linux, you can check the password you previously entered to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
The method only works if you are connected to the network that you want to know the password. Follow the steps to see the Wi-Fi key:
- Make sure you are connected to the network
- Go to Start> Control Panel> Networks and Internet> Network and Sharing Center
- In the area of active networks, click on Type of access in the network in which you want to check the password
- Click on Wireless Properties
- Now go to the Security tab and check the Show characters box
- You may be asked for administrator permissions
Windows 8 and 10
- Make sure you are connected to the network
- Go to Start> Windows Settings> Network and Internet
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Select the network on which you want to check the password and open it
- Press Wireless Properties
- Go to the Security tab and check the box Show characters.
- Access the system terminal using Spotlight or Launchpad
- Enter the command “security find-generic-password -wa network_name” by removing the quotes and exchanging network_name with the name of the network to consult
- Press the Enter key
- You will be asked for your system username and password, enter that information
- The password will appear on the following line of code
- Access the Linux terminal
- Enter the following code «sudo cat / etc / NetworkManager / system-connections / network_name | grep psk = »without quotes and changing network_name to the name of the network to consult
- In the next line of code, you will get the Wi-Fi key
See the computer’s Wi-Fi key [You are not connected]
A slightly advanced and very good technique to see the Wi-Fi key is to use the Windows console. We can observe with a couple of commands both the networks to which you have connected and the passwords of the same.
In this way, just knowing the name of the network, you can get the password of the network without being connected to that network.
Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to Start and look for Command Prompt in the search bar. Run the application
windows console to see wif key
- Type the command »netsh wlan show profile» on the console without quotes and press Enter
- Enter code to see Wi-Fi key on my mobile
- You will get a list of all the connections to which you have connected at some point. Choose the network you need the password
- Type the command «netsh WLAN show profile name = network_name key = clear» changing network_name to your network name and placing the code again without quotes
- Press Enter and in the information obtained by the console, in the Security Settings area check the information of the field Content of the key, since this is the key to your Wi-Fi
See the Wi-Fi key from your mobile
As a last resort, if the key is in your cell phone, you can also try to recover it from it. To do it from Android, follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure you back up your mobile
- Root your cell phone with SuperSU from Playstore or with KingRoot from its official website
- Install Wi-Fi Key Recovery
- Recover your passwords using Wi-Fi Key Recovery
Now that you know how to find network security key on my android phone, what do you expect to do it?